Monday, November 14, 2011

Breakfast tips



I have been eating the same thing for breakfast for the last 10 years or more: a cup of coffee and a pastry.  I'm sure there are healthier things I could be eating, but this is what gets me through until lunch time.  For several years, I would go to a coffee shop every day and get breakfast.  This cost about $6/day including tip.  I know you've heard a million times to make your coffee at home and save $3.  But, just as importantly, you can make your pastries at home, and save $2.50 or so a day.  Here's a link to the basic recipe that I use:

Muffin Recipe

I generally omit the crumb topping.  The great thing about this recipe, is you can make your muffins with basically any fruit you want.  I've tried strawberries, peaches, blackberries, and raspberries, all of which have been quite tasty.  One other hint: I make 2 dozen muffins at a time, and freeze them.  Just heat one up in your oven for 5 minutes or so, and they seriously taste like they were freshly made that morning.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment